DOUBLE HUNG WINDOWS
THE DOUBLE HUNG WINDOW
Are you looking for a classic window that’s as efficient as it is beautiful? Introducing the Double Hung Window — our most popular vinyl replacement window. The Double Hung Window is often the ideal window for homeowners, and there are many reasons why. To narrow down the list to just a few, Double Hung windows surpass other windows in popularity due to its:
Timeless & Versatile Design
The Double Hung Window features two operable sashes; one on the top and one on the bottom. It is generally taller than it is wide. The sashes move vertically, allowing the window to easily slide open. Furthermore, the Double Hung Window offers a tilt-in mechanism for easy cleaning. There are endless design and style options to match the beauty of your home. You can also choose the color of your vinyl, the grid style, and even an interior simulated wood finish.
- Strength, Quality & Performance
- Easy to Open and Close
- Operates dependably for a lifetime
- Easy cleaning from inside your home
- 25% better at keeping your home draft-free
- Directs water away from your home
- Glazing options for every application & budget
- 140% stronger than metal
- Ventilation with limited sash opening
- Improved energy efficiency & performance
- Fully-welded sash and frames
- Integral lift rail on sash
- Pivto-true, constant force balance system
- Both Sash Tilt In
- Triple Fin Weather Stripping
- Sloped sills with positive water drain off
- Energy Efficient Insulated Glass
- Composite Locking System
- Positive, strong vent latches
- All windows are custom-made for your home
Increased Energy Efficiency
Average Price Savings
Increase Condensation Resistance
Beauty and Vision, Performance and Strength – it all comes together in Mezzo”s exciting collection of styles, colors, and custom accents. Our FrameWorks® exterior colors feature a cutting-edge polyurethane coating technology with heat-reflective pigments for a remarkably strong and fade-resistant finish. Interior woodgrain laminates are performance-engineered for superb durability that maintains its attractive appearance over the life of the product.
Decorative grids lend an added measure of style and dimension to your windows. All grids are enclosed within the insulated glass unit for easy cleaning. First, select a grid pattern from one of our four styles, and then choose a grid profile to achieve your ideal finished look.
Get your 'down-to-the-penny' price quotation right now. It’s good for a full year!
Unique Performance Features from Window Depot USA
The beauty of our EdgeForce narrowline frame and sashes is subtle and substantial at the same time. The sleek design is visually clean and contemporary, with a larger glass area for exceptional daylighting and outside viewing. And beneath the elegance? Internal chambers are meticulously engineered for structural integrity and enhanced energy efficiency.
Improved form and functionality is the focus of our Ocular screen bulb seal. The compression bulb aids in the installation and removal of the extruded aluminum screen. The snug fit also eliminates light penetration between the screen and frame and helps block insect access.
CoreFX is a structural component that never quits. This innovative composite reinforcement allows for secure mounting of hardware and the non-conductive material also reduces the transfer of energy for superior thermal performance.
Stylish and strong, this low-profile secure locking hardware features an indicator that tells you if your windows are left unlocked. But the true beauty of Defense-Tek is its end-of-throw cam shift locking action, expertly constructed for increased protection.
Forecaster elevates both the appearance and performance of Mezzo Windows with its smooth, uniform design. The true sloped sill is expertly crafted to provide a highly efficient drainage system that promotes water runoff without the use of weep holes.
The benefits distinction here is three-fold: protection from air and water infiltration, increased structural stability and enhanced beauty. The integrated telescoping sill dam effortlessly blends strength with style.
When extreme wind and weather hit your home, Gatekeeper stands strong. Traditional sloped sill designs can allow the sash to bow during powerful winds, but with Gatekeeper interlocking sash-to-sill technology, the sash is channeled firmly into the window frame for a unified wall of strength. Combined with three layers of weatherstripping, Gatekeeper delivers unmatched protection, as well as peace of mind.
The Power of Glass
The glass system in your windows can make a substantial difference. For example, Mezzo Windows with triple-pane ClimaTech ThermD TG2 glass technology are 52% more energy-efficient than clear double-pane windows. In the chart below, U-Factor represents the rate of heat flow through the window – the lower the U-Factor, the less energy is needed to heat a home. SHGC (Solar Heat Gain Coefficient) represents solar heat penetrating through the window – the lower the number, the more you’ll conserve on air-conditioning
No Company Can Provide You With More Features at a Better Price
Why Choose Vinyl?
Our windows are constructed of SunShield® vinyl, made with a compound proven to perform better than alternative building materials. Vinyl ensures long-lasting color retention and low maintenance, plus the added confidence of a warranty against rotting, cracking, pitting, corroding, and peeling. The vinyl is resistant to rot, insect and microbial damage, never requires painting, and is easy to clean.
- Low Maintenance – Vinyl windows are the low-maintenance choice for residential use.
- Superior Weatherability – SunShield vinyl is uniquely formulated to withstand the harsh effects of weather, UV light, and southern exposure.
- Color Retention – Pharmaceutical-grade compounding and blending systems provide consistency, so you can rely on superior color and weatherability.
- Designed to Perform – Industry partnerships and ongoing research into new technologies ensure the vinyl compound exceeds industry standards, outperforms the competition and works together to offer best-in-class technology.
- Uncompromising Quality and Performance Testing – SunShield vinyl meets or exceeds the standards for strength and color retention established by the American Architectural Manufacturer’s Association (AAMA).